The Smart Wi-Fi Antenna Technology That Steers Signals to High-Quality Paths.
For greater speed, fewer errors, and instant bandwidth delivery, BeamFlex offers first-of-its-kind Adaptive Antenna Technology that maximizes signal coverage, throughput, and network capacity. It delivers MIMO benefits to 802.11a/b/g/n devices, to further increase MIMO diversity gain and maximize spatial multiplexing potential—at minimal cost.
BeamFlex consists of a smart, compact antenna array with multiple elements, which can be combined in real time to form unique antenna patterns. The advanced BeamFlex system software continually learns the environment with all its hostilities and interference sources, including disruptive RF conditions, numerous communicating devices, network performance issues, and application flows. Then, it selects the optimum antenna pattern for each communicating device in real time, while actively mitigating interference and minimizing noise to nearby networks and devices.
- Over 3X increase in performance and range • 8X expanded coverage
- Stabilized wireless network performance, for picture-perfect video streaming and crystal-clear voice communications
- Maximized power efficiency
- Interference mitigation
Unlike omni-directional antennas that radiate signals in all directions, BeamFlex directs transmit energy towards the best path to the receiving device. And unlike fixed-positioned directional antennas, BeamFlex dynamically configures its “beam” on a per-station, per-packet basis, to achieve omni-directional coverage.
BeamFlex+ is an enhancement to Ruckus BeamFlex adaptive antenna technology by providing adaptive support to mobile devices. BeamFlex+ enables antennas to adapt to client device orientation in addition to client device location.
How it works: All antennas have a property called polarization, which refers to the physical orientation of the wireless signal that that antenna is configured to receive or transmit. For best performance, the antenna polarizations of the two sides of a wireless link (e.g. AP and client) should be aligned. In practice, the respective antenna polarizations of APs and clients are seldom aligned, especially for mobile device clients that users frequently rotate and hold in different orientations (i.e. smartphones and tablets).
BeamFlex+ adaptive antennas feature a mix of two distinct polarizations (vertical and horizontal) across antenna elements. The signals received on these antennas, across the two distinct polarizations of BeamFlex+, are combined by the AP in such a way as to maximize the received signal-to-noise ratio, allowing best possible performance. This has the same effect as if the AP were physically aligning its antennas with the client device. The adaptive nature of BeamFlex+ means that the antennas adapt to client device orientation in real-time.
BeamFlex+ can enhance the user experience by ensuring consistent wireless signal. Without BeamFlex+, changing client device orientation can cause up to 2.5x performance difference. BeamFlex+ eliminates this variability and ensures optimum performance for any client device orientation, making APs with BeamFlex+ perfectly suited for serving mobile devices.
Ensuring the Best Video Quality— And Enabling Wireless IPTV.
Our patent-pending SmartCast technology combines innovative multicast traffic handling techniques, smart QoS, and application-aware traffic classification capabilities, for top-quality Wi-Fi video transmissions. SmartCast differentiates and manages multicast video frames separately from all other traffic types, for robust wireless transport for IPTV streams.
When SmartCast detects a wireless client subscribing to a multicast streaming application, such as IPTV or a VOIP call, it directs the associated multicast packets to each subscriber, using the optimum data rate and signal path. To ensure peak performance, all packets are queued/de-queued by specialized schedulers, optimized for the corresponding traffic type, the delay/jitter tolerance and bandwidth requirements of the traffic, and the changing characteristics of each station on the WLAN.
- Multimedia-optimized traffic management algorithms, which guarantee performance for multiple broadcast quality voice or video streams, while maintaining adequate bandwidth for data applications
- Automatic classification of all traffic, based on UDP/TCP port and other application attributes, and managed according to the traffic’s classified priority and characteristics
- Automatic Type-of-Service (TOS) tagging, which eliminates complex QoS configurations, with automatic management of lower-speed 802.11 devices, to assure bandwidth availability for prioritized video applications
Four priority queues per station, for high prioritization granularity and precision for multiple concurrent multicast streams
Advanced Security That’s Automatic—and Simple.
SmartSec is a unique collection of security capabilities that automates client-side security, making it easy to use. It provides a patent-pending mechanism that generates, configures, and installs encryption keys on client devices—in a process that’s totally transparent to the user.
- Pre-shared encryption keys
- Role-based user access
- Layer 2/3 client isolation
- Robust link layer encryption
- Wireless intrusion detection
- One of the Industry’s first Dynamic PSK
- Captive portal authentication
- Automatic guest access
ActiveDirectory, LDAP, and RADIUS support
One of the First Intelligent Indoor 802.11 Meshing for Building Low-Cost, High-Performance, Ultra-Reliable Wireless LANs.
Think about it: you typically have to run wires to access points to enable a wireless LAN (WLAN). That didn’t sound right to us, either. So we developed our unique SmartMesh Networking approach.
With SmartMesh Networking, you reduce cumbersome RF planning and costly cable backhaul, as Ethernet wiring is no longer needed to connect to individual access points. Enterprise WLAN deployment becomes dramatically faster, simpler, and less costly, as access points are simply plugged into any convenient power source. No extensive RF site surveys, cable runs, configuration, or optimization adjustments are required.
SmartMesh Networking is one of the first Wi-Fi meshing approach that combines high-gain smart antenna arrays, sophisticated RF routing, and centralized management in a single WLAN system. And it extends Smart Wi-Fi technology to create a new class of reliable WLANs that are self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing.
- Offers high performance, by combining 802.11n with Smart Wi-Fi technology
- Provides reliable connectivity between mesh nodes, using best path selection and interference mitigation techniques
- Adapts in real time to environmental changes, ensuring highly-reliable and available wireless trunk links. ChannelFly, Ruckus’ novel approach to channel selection, improves capacity by up to 50 percent
- Utilizes efficient “tree” topology that minimizes convergence risks and latency, while maximizing performance
- Features easy, one-click setup and one-screen management
Half the time, half the cost, three times the performance